June 01, 2015
Many sports fans might call this the song of the summer.
The Toronto Pan and Parapan Am Games revealed its official anthem Thursday, with two-time JUNO-winning artist Serena Ryder at the microphone.
Ryder tells CBC Music that this song “(is) everyone’s song”.
“I think official songs for sporting events are key,” she says.
“Together We Are One” by Serena Ryder
“Together We Are One” song is available for download on iTunes in English, French, and Spanish.
It’s become evident that music is a large part of this year’s Pan Am/Parapan Am Games, and it would seem there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
The games will include a music and arts festival alongside the sporting events, creating the “largest multi-sport event ever hosted in Canada.”
PANAMANIA, a 35-day music festival bringing together 1200 artists at 250 exhibition spaces in the city.
The impressive lineup features Canadian and International artists such as A Tribe Called Red, Jann Arden, Chromeo, Tanya Tagaq, Janelle Monae, and The Flaming Lips.
PANAMANIA begins July 10 and runs until August 15.
Canada’s favourite singing astronaut also made a contribution to the games.
Chris Hadfield carried the torch through Toronto’s distillery district on Saturday during a rainstorm.
Hadfield was the final torch-bearer in a series of 3000 torch-bearers who carried the torch for 41 days in over 130 communities in Canada.
— Chris Hadfield (@Cmdr_Hadfield) May 30, 2015
The Pan Am Games begin July 10 to 26, with the Parapan Am Games following after from August 7 to 15.
In other news…
- Walk off the Earth singer told to walk off the plane
- NYU student film about obsessive Drake fan
- A Tribe Called Red action figure available now!
- Action Bronson pulled from NXNE show
- Rifflandia festival lineup: big names, lots of Canadians
- Joni Mitchell suffered brain aneurysm
- Toronto musicians head to the country and open a juke joint/barn
- Longtime project honouring women guitarists to be unveiled at Sled Island
– Leyland Bradley
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Get at me @LeylandMarie or firstname.lastname@example.org.