August 28, 2017
It’s been a while since Nardwuar the Human Serviette suffered his stroke—just over a year and a half to be exact. Thankfully, the long running and hard working interviewer has made a complete recovery, and he’ll be heading up a type of marathon next month. You’d be hard pressed to find someone who hasn’t been interviewed by Nardwuar, and Vancouver’s CiTR 101.9 FM will be celebrating the man’s impressive career with a career-spanning show on September 21, as well as a show at The Hall on September 23.
So just what are they celebrating? Well, Nardwuar’s career as an interviewer is older than yours truly, dear reader. He’s been going strong now since 1987, making this his 30th anniversary bash. Nardwuar himself will be hosting the radio show, where he’ll play interviews of his own for a whopping 20 hours, capping things off in the afternoon the day after it starts. And for those who aren’t in the know, Nardwuar also has a band—The Evaporators—who will play that Saturday show, along with Owl Empire. Nardwuar’s Video Vault will also be at the venue.
On top of that, he’s taking the show on the road to Toronto for two dates, rolling through the Drake Underground on December 14 and 15, with the first show being all-ages. Nardwuar has a pretty mind-boggling back catalogue of interviews, ranging from politicians like Justin Trudeau and Mikhail Gorbachev, to actors like Eric Andre and Wesley Willis, to a slew of musicians most journalists are likely deeply envious of. He’s interviewed everyone, and did it all his way. The show should be nothing short of a blast.
In Other News:
- Check out the second trailer for Long Time Running, the upcoming Tragically Hip doc.
- Would you listen to a Neil Peart-less RUSH?
- PUP released a wicked fun video game as the music vid for “Old Wounds.”
- There’s a lot to check out at Pop Montreal this year.
- A mom in Calgary is real mad about the ‘platinum seats’ she and her son got for Bruno Mars.
- Country Music Television Canada won’t play music videos anymore.