May 02, 2017
Join the National Music Centre (NMC) as it turns down the lights and turns up the tunes for Studio Bell After Hours before the series takes a summer hiatus. The third installment of this new, popular nighttime series is on Friday, May 26, from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
With a new batch of DJs on deck, interactive fun across multiple floors, and the return of live band karaoke, this is the party you don’t want to miss.
Studio Bell After Hours will include:
- Live DJs, including selections from Pete Emes of Smalltown DJs (house and beats), Wax Romeo (funk and disco), Mollyfi (breakbeats), and Phonotactic (chill and techy live PA).
- Multi-level dance party in Studio Bell’s second level performance hall and the EV Lounge on the East Village Skybridge.
- Video and live band karaoke hosted by Jett Thunders and featuring backing band The Guess What.
- Instrument interactives and music experiments.
- Pop-up bars and bites. *Cash only. ATM located on site.
From top to bottom: Live band karaoke featuring NMC house band, The Guess What, and DJ OAKK bumping the bass in Studio Bell’s performance hall. Credit: Michael Benz.
“So far, we’ve seen tremendous support for this series from the community,” said Adam Fox, NMC’s Director of Programs. “Live band karaoke was a big hit at our last event, so we’re bringing it back for our final installment of the season. We’ll be asking fans on NMC’s social media pages to give us their top CanCon requests, and the most requested tracks will get added to the final setlist.”
Whether it’s a date night out or a pre-game with friends, Studio Bell After Hours is the newest addition to Calgary’s nightlife scene.
Tickets for Studio Bell After Hours are $18 and $14 for students (18+) and seniors. Please go here to purchase your tickets in advance.
Admission to Studio Bell After Hours is included with NMC Membership, so purchase your membership online today! Details here.
Studio Bell After Hours will return for three more installments in the fall on September 22, October 27, and November 24. Stay tuned for more details on programming.