The Legendary King Eddy
Location: 438 9 Avenue SE Calgary, AB
Established in 1905, the King Edward Hotel was Calgary’s second oldest hotel and the longest operating bar and hotel when it closed in 2004.
In 2008, the Eddy was acquired by the National Music Centre (NMC) and in collaboration with Calgary Municipal Land Corporation (CMLC), the King Eddy was carefully reassembled, honouring the original plans and returning it to its 1905 glory.
On July 2018, the King Eddy reopened as a restaurant, bar and music venue. The building also houses CKUA Calgary, the Rolling Stone Mobile Studio, other NMC recording facilities, and NMC’s offices.
Today the Eddy continues to be a cornerstone of music, community, and culture, building on its storied musical legacy.
Learn more at kingeddy.ca