What time is it? It’s time to build a beat. In the latest edition of NMC Learning at Home, Evan the Educator unpacks the drum set piece by piece and shows you how to make the world’s cheapest drum kit, so you can play along at home!
Here’s what you’ll need to join in at home:
- Shaker (1 plastic water bottle and handful of coffee beans or rice)
- Foot attacher (1 piece of duct tape that’s about 10 cm and 2 thick rubber bands)
- Drums (1 balloon, 1 piece of paper and 1 piece of tape)
- Drum sticks (2 dowels or chopsticks)
- Optional add-ons (1 pot lid and 2 empty glass jars)
Support music in Canada by donating to the National Music Centre (NMC). NMC is a registered charity and your donation directly shapes the future of Canadian music by providing music education programs, world-class artist development programs, and one-of-a-kind opportunities for collaboration. Learn more here.
Special thanks to the Rozsa Foundation and Calgary Foundation for their support of the NMC Learning at Home series.